SAN FRANCISCO, CA
University of Illinois at Chicago | Master of Urban Planning and Policy | 2010
Illinois State University | B.S. Arts Technology | 2004
Contracts and Grants Manager | Bureau of Urban Forestry – San Francisco Public Works
Transportation Planner | San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency
January 2016 – December 2017
- Lead agency development of the Transportation Asset Management Program
- Monitor and report on State of Good Repair
- Contribute to the development of the SFMTA Capital Plan
Community Liaison | San Francisco Department of Public Works
May 2012 – December 2015
- Community Clean Team Volunteer Program
- Manage and coordinate monthly Community Clean Team volunteer events with over 3,000 volunteers participating annually.
- Manage work assignments for team of 10-15 DPW staff members.
- Communicate and outreach to elected officials, partner City agencies, local business and neighborhood groups, and residents.
- Street Parks Program
- Provide technical assistance to residents and community organizations in the planning and implementation of neighborhood Street Parks projects.
- Coordinate with partner agencies to resolve issues and expedite solutions to complete neighborhood projects on schedule.
- Coordinate material and resource support for Street Park projects.
- Giant Sweep Anti-Litter Campaign
- Developed program and structure for the Mayor’s Giant Sweep Anti-Litter campaign.
- Prioritized and assigned work tasks between campaign staff, Department public affairs staff, and public relations contractors.
- Developed relationships with other City agencies, community organizations and local businesses to support the campaign programs and goals.
- Other duties as assigned
- Manage Community Programs staff, coordinate staff work assignments and special projects.
- Attend public meetings on behalf of the Department and communicate Department projects, goals and initiatives to the public.
- Develop outreach strategy to increase participation and engagement with the Department’s community programs.
Pedestrian Safety Planner | Active Transportation Alliance (contracted to the Chicago Department of Transportation)
January 2010 – April 2012
- Managed Safe Routes for Seniors Program
- Coordinated outreach and established relationships with senior service organizations and providers.
- Developed and delivered over 55 public workshops to over 2500 older adults each year.
- Evaluated program effectiveness and implemented changes to workshop materials and content.
- Provided expertise in senior mobility issues to various pedestrian program efforts.
- Administered Sidewalk Snow Removal Campaign
- Created informational and promotional materials related to the campaign.
- Developed partnerships with community organizations, city agencies, businesses, and elected officials to promote campaign messaging and increase compliance of the City ordinances.
- Researched national best practices and recommended changes to existing municipal code.
- Coordinate Crosswalk Enforcement Initiative
- Analyzed GIS spatial data to identify locations for crosswalk enforcement efforts.
- Coordinated enforcement events with the Chicago Police Department Traffic Unit.
- Communicated enforcement actions to elected officials and community members.
- Collected enforcement data for purposes of grant reporting, media requests, and program evaluation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Coordinated with consultants on development of various program projects such as, the Chicago Pedestrian Plan and the Chicago Pedestrian Safety Campaign.
- Conducted GIS analysis for various projects such as the signal upgrade priority model and the LPI signal timing upgrade model.
- Maintained and updated program website and social media channels.
- Maintained and managed crash statistic database.
- Responded to public inquiries and FOIA requests.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in ESRI ArcGIS
- Strong public speaking, over four years of experience of public speaking in the public-sector.
- Proficient in digital media; strong working knowledge of multiple CMS platforms, photography, video, and website design.